Boost Your Immunity Through Desi Food: Covid-19 attacks people with a low immune system, and people of all ages are prone to its mutational attack now a day. The immune system is built to protect the human body from various diseases.
When the immune system is weak, it becomes an open invitation to infections such as coronaviruses or other diseases. To make your immune system stronger you need to use desi Ayurveda foods.
Plant-based foods or desi foods make up 85% of the body’s immune system and help you make your body stronger against the virus.
So, if you want to know How to boost your immunity through desi food in this Covid times, then you can read this post till the end.
How to Boost Your Immunity?
We all know that Covid-19 was declared a global pandemic in 2020 by the WHO. It has spread all over the world and is affecting a lot of people around the globe.
So all the countries battling the imminent danger that the virus poses to humanity, there are some major measures that individuals can take to fight this pandemic by staying home. If you want to protect yourself from this worldwide pandemic, then you have to do it.
Before going to major measures, the first priority you need to remember to protect yourself from this Covid-19 is to wash your hands properly, wear masks at all times and everywhere, and also use sanitizers from time to time, which are important.
These are some of the methods to prevent the coronavirus from spreading, which are of paramount importance at this time. Here you can also find out certain methods which are also paramount at this time.
In some pre-existing diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, and respiratory problems, individuals are at greater risk of having Covid 19 complications, it also increases with age as the general immunity decreases as you get older.
It gets done. In the younger generation with no underlying disease, Covid 19 can be the result of a minor infection as of now, provided you have strong immunity and do not engage in activities such as smoking or vaping to counter the virus attack. (It may change later after waves after waves of mutations attacking.) Here is a list of measures you can take to improve your immunity.
The food you eat contains a lot of vitamins and nutrients which help you in enhancing your health and immunity. But the food you normally eat may not be suitable and right for this Covid time, so you should improve your diet.
The food you eat plays an important role in determining your overall health and immunity. You should take a low-carb diet, as it will control high blood sugar and pressure. Therefore, you should regularly consume vegetables and fruits rich in beta carotene, ascorbic acid, and other essential vitamins.
At this time you should eat some foods like mushrooms, tomatoes, capsicum, and green vegetables like broccoli, spinach which are also good options for building resilience in the body against infection.
You can also eat supplements rich in omega 3 and 4 fatty acids for your daily dose. You can also eat supplements rich in omega 3 and 4 fatty acids for your daily dose. You can also take some natural immune supplements including ginger, amla (amla), and turmeric(haldi).
There are many herbs you should eat that can help you to increase immunity like garlic, basil leaves, and black cumin. Some seeds and nuts such as sunflower seeds, flaxseed seeds, pumpkin seeds, and melon seeds are excellent sources of protein and vitamin E.
What kind of nutritious foods do you have to eat in this Covid time
As an increasing number of Covid-19 cases, in this Covid time, you are taking extra care of the body and the immune system, which has become more important than ever.
People are continuously looking for how to increase immunity home remedies, immunity booster foods in India, best foods for covid recovery, and much more.
However, there is no guarantee that a good immune system will protect you from coronavirus and its new mutational avatars.. But if you are affected by a coronavirus, at that time it will help you to deal with it.
If you want to know how to boost the immune system to fight these harmful viruses by eating various desi foods, then here we have mentioned a list of 10 Indian desi foods that you need to consider in your eating schedule to enhance your immune system. Must include these desi foods in your diet.
9 Desi Foods That Boost the Immune System
NOTE: This article is based on in-depth research. I would suggest you take advice from your doctor or dietitian on which foods you should consider in your diet based on your health condition.
1. Ghee: Ghee is one of the healthiest Indian or desi foods and should be a part of your daily diet. Most people have the misconception that consuming ghee or butter leads to weight gain.
While going for a ghee, if your budget permits, try to bring your home the Desi cow’s ghee, which is categorized as A 2 ghee by the nutritionists. It contains more nourishing proteins than normal A 1 cow ghee which is commonly available in the market.
This common Indian food item is packed with the benefits of Vitamins A, K, E, and omega with 9 essential acids that may protect you from Coronavirus and Boost your Immune system. Butyrate ghee is a rich source of healthy fats and fatty acids. It helps in maintaining digestive health.
There is a desi ghee which is prepared by the oldest of ever method of making ghee in the earth called Bilona. It is Gluten-free also.
Desi Ghee Best Buy On Amazon
2. Yoghurt: You can also prefer “Yoghurt” in your diet. Yoghurt is a natural probiotic and aids in the formation of good bacteria in our body, which helps fight many diseases. Yoghurt can worsen if you cough. Always remember to have fresh Yoghurt.
Buy a best yoghurt culture or make it at home by using a yoghurt maker.
Here is one, a Greek yoghurt culture. Best Buy On Amazon
3. Tulsi and Black Pepper: If someone wants to know how to increase immunity using home remedies, then you must consider this first.
Tulsi is also known as holy basil which has many health benefits. Tulsi leaves are found in every Indian household. Its immunomodulatory, antitussive, and expectorant properties enhance immunity and keep your lungs clean. You can chew a few basil leaves before breakfast every morning.
If you are in a metro and don’t have a Tulsi in your home, buy either Tulsi Leaves powder or Tulsi Ark and add it into your daily intake routine. We prefer Panch Tulsi Ark or Drops, if you go for a drops.
Both of them are here. You can check.
- For Tulsi Powder – Best Buy On Amazon
- For Panch Tulsi Drops – Best Buy On Amazon
- Check this link and see an organic whole black pepper on Amazon
4. Amla: Amla is a winter superfood that contains a lot of healthy nutrients and vitamins. Amla, the richest source of vitamin C. Amla is also the healthiest Indian Desi food.
Amla boosts your immune system and enhances nutrients to fight the coronavirus. You can take an assessment every morning on an empty stomach. One amla gives you vitamin C equal to approx 4-7 lemons.
Try any of the amla juice’s available at your home.
Here is one from Baidyanath. – Best Buy On Amazon
5. Chyawanprash: There is nothing better than Chyawanprash in winter. If you want to increase your immunity then, Chyawanpras is a treasured Indian immune-boosting food you can consider, made from a blend of Ayurvedic herbs and roots.
Mixing 1 tbsp of Chyawanprash in a cup of warm water and consuming it 2-3 times a day is equivalent to taking 10 types of immunity-enhancing foods.
Here is one Chyawanprash from Patanjali, which is having Saffron also. Saffron is a powerful anti-oxidant. – Best Buy On Amazon
6. Spiced Tea: You can also have a cup of spiced tea instead of milk tea. You should know that there is nothing better at this time, especially when you are suffering from cough and fever. I would especially recommend it, you can take it 1-2 times a day.
You can easily make it with Fennel seeds (Saunf), Cardamon (Elaichi), Black Pepper(Kali Mirch), Cinnamon(Dalchini), Tulsi, and Ginger(Adrak).
One of the best Spiced teas, Wagh Bakri is here. Try this. – Best Buy On Amazon
7. Turmeric and Garlic: Must include turmeric and garlic in your diet now. Both roots are rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. They protect the body from free radical damage and keep away chronic diseases. Make a pickle of turmeric and garlic root by adding a little salt and ghee or cut them and include them in your meal.
You can try Turmeric in the form of a trendy tea in these. West is stormed by the powers of the Golden Spice of India, Turmeric. Mostly, they are using it as Turmeric teas and Lattes.
Here is one prominent Turmeric Tea. – Best Buy On Amazon
8. Broccoli: You must include broccoli in your diet, as broccoli is known for its vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E along with fiber. In addition, it is rich in antioxidant compounds. So, the combination of these nutrients makes it a great food for boosting our immunity.
9. Mushrooms: Mushrooms are also a true superfood with their medicinal properties, and many antiviral, antimicrobial, or anti-inflammatory properties. Mushrooms contain the B vitamins riboflavin and niacin, which keep your immune system healthy.
It plays an important role in metabolism and thyroid function and helps protect your body from the damage caused by oxidative stress.
Try this dry button mushroom. – Best Buy On Amazon
Whether you seek medical care in this situation or want to increase your immune system to prepare your body to fight with this coronavirus, you need to add proper foods to your daily eating routine.
We have explained all possible information related to how you can boost your immunity through desi foods in these Covid times.
After reading this post you will know how to increase immunity power in the body naturally at home, you will be familiar with desi foods that help you in this covid time to get recovered as well.
We have considered immunity booster foods based in India, which are suggested for almost numerous people who feel a low immunity. Before following these foods in your diet, I would highly recommend getting advice from your doctors first.
If you have any questions or Suggestions related to this article, please ask in the comment section below.