We all know that the valley of Kashmir is famous worldwide for its pristine beauty, beautiful lakes, and snowcapped mountains. Other than its art and craft, delicious cuisines, and beautiful textiles, there’s another element that can be found only in Kashmir. The Kashmiri Kahwa.
The Kashmiri Kahwa is a traditional green tea that is fast gaining popularity globally due to its fantastic taste and fragrance. Tea connoisseurs have been under the spell of this fragrant magic tea for over decades now. With its rich, mildly spiced flavor, eye-pleasing golden appearance, and intense aroma, Kahwa is famous for its taste and its numerous health benefits, including its energizing and immunity-boosting capabilities.
It improves your metabolism rate also.
Kahwa is readily available in the markets in a wide variety today. A traditional Kashmiri Kahwa consists of green tea, saffron, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, almonds, etc. This delectable and refreshing brew is not just a balanced blend but also a drink that offers multiple health benefits. Some of them are :
- Prevents common cold : This flavor-packed antioxidant drink takes you closer to complete wellbeing with every sip. A hot cup of Kahwa has been known to do wonders in not just the prevention of cough and cold but also its immediate cure. The spices present in this Golden Tea do that wonder by boosting your immunity against the seasonal infections like the above.
- Detoxifying agent : This golden elixir is one of the best ways to detoxify your body. Time and again, green tea has been an excellent source to promote good digestion, cleanse the stomach and boost metabolism.
- Stress reduction : After a long exhausting day, a soothing cup of Kashmiri kahwa is one of the most influential and natural remedies to say goodbye to all that stress. A cup of Kahwa can not only refresh you but also take you closer to finishing your day on a better note.
- Improves heart health : The Kashmiri Kahwa, when brewed right, does wonders for the better functioning of your heart. It not just controls your cholesterol levels but also regulates the blood pressure ensuring that your heart stays happy and healthy.
- Enhances youth and glow: The several antioxidants present in the Kahwa help your skin to stay hydrated and look youthful and beautiful. This flavorful solution is one of the best ways to say goodbye to all your aging-related issues.
There is a wide variety of Kashmiri Kahwa chai’s available in the market. This goodness drink, however, can also be easily prepared at home. Experts claim that a cup of Kahwa is enough to maintain good health and fitness. It is not just a perfect start for the day, a drink that keeps you energized and away from feeling lethargic but also a drink with which you can end your day right.
This Kashmiri chai which is a perfect drink for any occasion helps you not just to take a break from the everyday hustle and bustle but takes you to the beautiful valleys of Kashmir with its aromatic taste and fragrance. If you are still looking for the correct ways not just to keep your system energized but also feel your best, then a cup of Kashmiri Kahwa is sure to do the trick.
The Kashmiri Kahwa is a delectable soul-warming drink that bespoke loud and clear about the power of Indian spices. This is how you can make Kashmiri Kahwa at home :
Kashmiri Kahwa Tea Recipe
- Kashmiri green tea leaves – 4 tsp
- Cinnamon ( Dalchini) – 1 small piece
- Saffron( Kesar) – a few strands
- Cardamoms ( Elaichi ) – 2 slightly crushed
- Cloves (Laung) – 2
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Almond chopped ( Badam) – ¼ cup
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Serves – 2
- Begin with combining the saffron strands in 1 tbsp of lukewarm water and keep it aside
- In a saucepan, boil 2 cups of water, add the cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, and sugar, and mix and cook for approx. 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the green tea leaves and boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Strain it in another bowl with the help of a filter.
- Again, transfer this mixture to a saucepan and add the saffron water and almonds. Let it cook for another minute and turn off the flame.
- Your soul-stirring, ever so nutritious, and fragrant kahwa Is ready to be served.
- Garnish with a couple of strands of saffron to enhance the taste and appearance